19.8.11

True self-love

'Self-love isn’t selfish; it's healthy self-esteem. The egotist, the braggart, the self-promoter, the diva, and the salesman—those who come across as self-loving in order to sell themselves or their products—are often insecure at heart. The man I once thought was the most put-together person I knew, a model of public self-assurance and self-promotion, told me in a moment of mutual confidence that he played a game called “dodge the bus,” which meant he stood at a dangerous street corner and tried to see how close he could come to being hit.
  “What if you were killed?” I asked, flabbergasted.
  “Then the world would be rid of a worthless thing,” he answered.
  True self-love doesn't need to be broadcast or publicly displayed. It is an inner state, a feeling, a strength, a happiness; it is security. Remember, souls are part of the One, which is love. We all have souls. We are always loved. We can always love in return.'
Brian Weiss (2004).  Same Soul, Many Bodies. p. 138.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Energy attracts reality

When a person yearns for a thing--a situation in life, an opportunity, some kind of material abundance--this act of yearning sets up powerfu...